This My Colections Interior Design

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's a beautiful day...


It's a beautiful Spring day here in Houston today and I'd much rather be lounging in a gorgeous poolside cabana than in the office. Unfortunately though, it's Monday and my backyard is still in the state in which we bought it (i.e., completely empty) so until we have the time and funds to turn our attention to landscaping, I'll have to make do with a little virtual daydreaming, courtesy.


I love how Kristen has infused classic hacienda style with other global influences like the Morroccan lanterns, the Chinese garden stools, the turquoise Ikat print and the British Colonial furnishings. Despite this cultural mix, the overall effect is seamless and tramquil, with the dark browns and creams providing a neutral base for the pops of turquoise. 



And how awesome are these mini-canopies (with the giant tassels!) for the chaise lounges. Not only are they great aesthetically, but they're practical as well. I love getting a little bit of sunshine, but I'm always vigilent about making sure my face/neck are in the shade. The fabric on the pillows is called Tilbury by Laura Ashley and is available through Kravet. It's been making the rounds lately on the blogosphere and I absolutely love it.

One thing I would change though: I'd be trading in that Pellegrino for a glass of white wine or a margarita.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...